Huwebes, Setyembre 1, 2016

Dear Pretty Boy

Let me tell you a story of a normal girl
Someone who admires you a lot
Who stares at you every minute of the day
Without you knowing I do

I've seen you with so many girls
Most of them got their hearts broken
But, you know what?
I envy them.

They have the courage to approach you
They had spent time with you
And here I am, staring at you again
Wishing you'd give me one glance

All this time, I've been waiting
All these years I've been telling myself
The end is near, and time is slowly fading
When will you look at me? The way you look at her.

Now, I'll introduce myself
If ever you read this,
Please atleast say hi when we meet someday
Or atleast nod at me

I'm this girl who wears eyeglasses everyday
What can I do? I have a poor eyesight
I always tie my hair, because it flies everywhere when I didn't
I don't wear make up, but I put on dark colored lipstick

You see, I'm not a nerd at all
My friends always tell me I'm pretty
I'm not that tall, not too short
I'm tanned, not too dark

I always hang around the canteen with my crazy friends
I can say I'm the loudest among them
But when you pass our way
I can't help but shut my mouth

Don't you notice?
My friends keep on getting your attention
So I can get the chance to say what I'm feeling
But I'm too shy to say anything

You know, I can get a boyfriend
But I didn't
Because I'm waiting for you
I'm waiting for fate to make a way for us

I heard you just broke up with your girl
I wished your okay
And now, you have a new girl, already.
I'm a bit disappointed.

Hi, I'm the girl you never noticed.
But this time, I'll have my own way.
I'll refrain looking at you.
It's time for me to move on.

You're not the guy meant for me.
You're not the guy who would look at me
And this is not a fairytale or a movie
Where you and me are bound to meet

I wish you won't break girl's hearts anymore
You broke mine without doing anything
But it wasn't your fault, I know
It's mine, for being hopeful.

Someday, I'll find my man
Who would only look at me
The way I looked at you before
And I will look at him too, more than the way I do before.

P.S. This is for my friend who had an unrequited love for a schoolmate since our 1st year in college, and we're on our last year now. I hope she finds her one and only.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento